Occupational risks in the industrial companies of the city of Quito


  • Edgar Daniel Chariguamán-Chariguamán Universidad Tecnológica Indoamérica - Ecuador
  • David Favio Verdugo-Mora Universidad Tecnológica Indoamérica - Ecuador
  • Eduardo Favian Maldonado-Naravaez Universidad Tecnológica Indoamérica - Ecuador


industrial safety, occupational risk, occupational health


Identify the level of labor incidents and highlight the benefits for industrial organizations of having a management system for industrial safety and occupational health in the work of industrial companies in the city of Quito.
In the study carried out by the industrial companies of the city of Quito, not all meet the requirement of having a safety and health management system at work for their employees, although it is a legal requirement, so only 13% comply with this requirement in its entirety, the other 87% partially comply, enduring labor and financial risks, a drop in productivity, and demotivation of employees.
This study exposes the benefits of having an industrial safety and occupational health system in all the industrial companies of Quito, developing a safety manual, and that all companies have the Health and Safety Organization Chart, to reduce occupational hazards. (Tesis: R. Molina; 2016)